LAS VEGAS (FOX5) – The person accused of shooting and killing a man at a Pahrump “Movies in the Park” event appeared publicly Wednesday for the first time since surrendering to law enforcement.
Anthony Aguilar, 18, made his first appearance in court Wednesday. He faces a charge of open murder and was held without bail, being considered a risk to the community. Aguilar is due to return to court on Tuesday.
Aguilar and another outstanding individual wanted in connection with a deadly Fourth of July weekend shooting in Pahrump surrendered to police Tuesday after a days-long search.
Fabian Ferrante, a person of interest wanted for questioning about the shooting, also surrendered himself in to law enforcement officials Tuesday. He was released shortly thereafter.
A third wanted individual, Carlos Blakeley, turned himself in to Las Vegas police on Monday, after law enforcement officials said he had been hiding in Las Vegas.
The victim, identified as Joe Perry, 22, of Pahrump, was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead. He was shot four times: once in his neck and three times to his back, officials said.
Copyright 2025 KVVU. All rights reserved.




