SYLVANIA TWP. Ohio (WTVG) – A man convicted of shooting a couple in Sylvania Township will spend decades in prison.

Judge Joe McNamara sentenced Sean Landis, 53, to serve at least 58 years in prison on Wednesday, the prosecutor’s office said. Landis could spend up to 63.5 years in prison.

A jury found him guilty on all charges on March 12. He was convicted of attempted murder, aggravated burglary, felonious assault and tampering with evidence. The charges stem from the double shooting on Crossfields Road in Sylvania Township that sent two people to the hospital.

“This case was about obsession, jealousy and calculated violence,” Lucas County Prosecuting Attorney Julia R. Bates said. “We are grateful for the jury’s service and the opportunity to deliver justice for the victims. This case was a team effort involving our office, the Sylvania Township Police Department and other agencies from Northwest Ohio to across the United States.”

Our media partner the Blade reported Landis is a former lover of one of the victims and plotted his death for years.

Sylvania Township Police said Landis shot a couple on Crossfields Road Sept. 9, 2024. Police said the victims were seriously injured. Landis is a former co-worker of one of the victims, police said. Prosecutors said Landis shot one of the victims three times and shot the other four times.

911 calls detail the moments the victims told dispatchers someone broke into their house, and say one of them had been shot “four or five times.”

Authorities say the FBI and Las Vegas Police worked together and arrested him at the MGM in Las Vegas. He has since been extradited to Toledo and was booked into the Lucas County jail.

Latest Local News | First Alert Weather | Crime | National | 13abc Originals

Shares:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *