LAS VEGAS (FOX5) — The suspected DUI driver in a crash that took the life of an unborn baby and injured others will appear in court Tuesday morning.

Sources in the Clark County public defender’s office told FOX5, 27-year-old Maximilliano Chavez admitted to driving the car that ran a red light causing the crash. In addition, the source added, Chavez admitted to police that he was drinking and using a vape pen hours before the crash.

Chavez was previously convicted of DUI in Nye County in 2021, sources said.

A source close to the family told FOX5, the mother is conscious and expected to recover from the four crash that killed her unborn baby Saturday afternoon. The source said all four people in one car are part of the same family. Dad and daughter will be okay too but their son has a broken leg and a concussion, still sedated in the hospital.

“We’re all in mourning and although this was out of our hands, we’re leaning on God. We’re a faith family and we are counting our blessings right now,” they said in a statement.

Chavez is facing multiple felony counts of reckless driving and DUI.

This is a developing story.

Shares:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *