LAS VEGAS (FOX5) — The man accused of opening fire inside a southwest Las Vegas grocery store, killing his ex-partner and her new husband, pleaded not guilty Monday.

Alejandro Estrada will remain in jail after carrying out an alleged targeted attack inside a Smith’s store last week.

Amanda Frias Rosas’ mother, surrounded by loved ones, sat inside the courtroom Monday morning, staring directly at the suspect. Estrada sat facing forward and remained silent as the judge denied bail. The family confirmed they plan to gather in front of a growing memorial Monday night to honor Amanda and Victor.

MORE ON FOX5: Man pleads not guilty to charges in deadly Las Vegas grocery store shooting

Judge calls suspect ‘extreme danger’

A judge denied bail, ordering Estrada to remain behind bars and calling him an “extreme danger” and a “profound threat” to the community.

Police said Estrada walked into the Smiths’, followed the couple down an aisle, and opened fire, killing his ex-partner, Amanda Frias Rosas, the mother of his two children, and her new husband, Victor Frias Rosas.

Investigators said the relationship ended in 2021, followed by a heated, ongoing custody battle where Estrada had failed to pay thousands in child support. The two were due back in court on June 1 to resolve that matter.

The judge called Estrada’s actions calculated and violent, and said he showed no regard for human life.

“The alleged victims were parents of children who now face unimaginable loss,” District Court Judge Amy Wilson said. “The court recognizes the devastating impact these allegations have had on families involved in our entire community. Giving due weight to the evidence and nature and circumstances of the alleged offenses, the danger to the community, and the court’s finding that the proof is evident, the presumption is great of first-degree murder and that no condition or combination of conditions would reasonably assure public safety. The defendant will be held without bail.”

The suspect is due back in court June 29 for this case and June 1 for an unrelated traffic case, the same day he was scheduled to appear for his outstanding child support case.

It is unclear when the Smith’s store will reopen. The union president for workers at the store is working with employees impacted by the tragedy, providing a “range of resources, including counseling and on-the-ground assistance.”

A candlelight vigil is scheduled for 7 p.m. Monday at the store.

Copyright 2026 KVVU. All rights reserved.

Shares:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *