LAS VEGAS, Nev. (FOX5) – A fire broke out early Tuesday morning at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel in south Las Vegas.

Clark County Fire Department crews quickly responded to the hotel, which is located near Warm Springs Road and the I-215.

Hotel guests tell FOX5 that around 2:30 a.m., fire alarms began ringing throughout the hotel.

Craig Hudson, a guest from California, says he initially thought the alarms were the result of a malfunction. However, after checking the hallway, other guests informed him that an electrical fire had broken out.

Another guest, Ethan Romero, also visiting from California, was visiting Las Vegas with his family for a vacation.

“It’s funny because as we were leaving Northridge, there was flooding and hail. And, now this,” he said. “Who knows what’s next? An earthquake? We’ll see.”

Romero says he and his father checked the hallway and saw smoke coming from the elevators.

“We were pretty scared…” he said. “Thankfully we saw an exit, and we saw the stairway.”

Hudson says he didn’t see any indications of a fire, though while using the bathroom, he could smell an electrical fire.

Hotel guests were allowed to reenter the building to gather their belongings and find different accommodations. Guests will also be reimbursed for their stay.

“I think that would make this right,” Romero said. “We’ve been outside for the past two or three hours. I don’t even know what time it is right now.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *